System Care Antivirus is a bogus application which just looks like a genuine security software. In fact, System Care Antivirus is a bogus malware application specially designed to block all legitimate programs on your computer and force you to purchase full version of System Care Antivirus.
System Care Antivirus spreads via hacked websites and compromised downloads. If your computer is infected with this malware then It is very likely that you’ve downloaded something malicious off the Internet recently. You also might have clicked on pop-up banners on malicious websites which allowed System Care Antivirus to get inside your computer.
Once System Care Antivirus is up and running in your computer, It will block everything and display fake warnings everywhere. Your computer screen will literally fill up with warnings and in every few seconds, you’ll see security pop-ups appearing and displaying scary messages like your passwords are being compromised etc… If you try to run Task Manager and other windows utilities, you’ll be shocked to see that now everything is blocked on your computer.
While you’ve no clue about what is happening, System Care Antivirus will do a bogus scan of your computer and tell you that lots of files are infected with malware. To remove those infections, It will ask you to purchase full version of system Care Antivirus. It will complete its scan very quickly and show numerous bogus infections to get your worried. The truth is, this malware shows a pre-determined list of infections and there are no viruses on your computer except System Care Antivirus itself. This rogue software doesn’t have any in-built virus definitions and It is not capable of scanning your computer. Here is a screenshot of System Care Antivirus showing bogus scan results :
System Care Antivirus will also modify Windows Security Settings and you’ll start seeing security warnings from system tray in every few seconds. These warnings will read like :
Spyware.IEMonster activity detected.
This is spyware that attempts to steal passwords from Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Outlook and other programs. Click here to remove it immediately with System Care Antivirus.
System Care Antivirus Firewall Alert
System Care Antivirus Firewall has blocked a program from accessing the Internet. Internet Explorer Internet Browser is infected with worm SVCHOST.Stealth.Keyloger. This worm is trying to send your credit card details using Internet Explorer Internet Browser to connect to remote host.
System Care Antivirus Warning
Your PC is still infected with dangerous viruses. Activate antivirus protection to prevent data loss and avoid the theft of your credit card details.
Warning: Your computer is infected
Detected spyware infection! Click this message to install the last update of security software…
All these warnings are fake and purposefully shown by the malware so that you get scared and purchase full version of System Care Antivirus to get rid of all the infections. This way, creators of malware get the money and once you buy their fake software, they stop showing fake alerts on your computer and tell you that everything is fine. If you’ve bought license of System Care Antivirus, call your credit card company and explain the situation to them. You’ll surely get your money back. Read next part of this guide to learn how to remove system care antivirus quickly and easily.
How To Remove System Care Antivirus
System Care Antivirus is a stubborn software to remove since it blocks everything on your computer. If your computer is infected with System Care Antivirus, It should be a big concern for you because It indicates that antivirus security on your computer is not powerful and you need to tighten it to avoid such occurrences in future.
We’ve intentionally infected our test computer with this malware to discover its removal steps. Although System Care Antivirus blocked everything on our test computer but we discovered two very easy methods to remove it.
1. Automatic Removal
2. Manual Removal.
Automatic Removal is by far the best removal method you can use to get rid of this rogue software. This removal method is foolproof and complete removal of malware is guaranteed. On the other hand, Manual removal method is based on your expertise with computer and at times, you may not get desired results with this method. We recommend Automatic Removal method for complete removal of malware and all of its traces. You can read about both removal methods in greater details below :
1. Automatic Removal Method – Easy and Effective
This removal method is entirely based on using a genuine anti-malware application. As cyber criminals are inventing new ways to trap consumers, security companies are releasing daily definition updates to fight those threats. To remove System Care Antivirus effortlessly, we would suggest you to use a powerful anti-malware application and get rid of rogue software in few minutes. Here is how to utilize this removal method :
1. Let System Care Antivirus run in your computer and click on Start–>Run, type “http://www.systemcareantivirus.com/download.php” (without quotation marks) and click OK button. Alternatively you can also click on this button to start the download :
2. This will start downloading removal tool from our website and you need to save the downloaded file as “explorer.exe”. Please save the downloaded file on Desktop so that you can easily find it later. I would like to repeat that you need to save the file as “explorer.exe” because this name is related to a critical windows process and this rogue software doesn’t terminate files having this name.
3. After downloading removal tool from our website and saving it as “explorer.exe” on desktop, please double click over it. As soon as you run it, you’ll see that System Care Antivirus will get terminated forcefully. Don’t be happy because it is not out from your computer yet but just temporarily terminated so that it can’t interfere with removal process.
4. Follow the instructions shown on screen to install the removal tool completely. After that, scan all files on your computer for possible malware infections. You’ll see that System Care Antivirus will automatically get caught as well as lots of other malware threats which might be hiding since long time in your computer.
5. As soon as the Full scan is done, click on “Fix Threats” button to get rid of all the infections from your computer. Everything is restored back and now you can use your computer same as before. Reboot your computer and now you can resume using your computer normally.
More Screenshot of malware :
2. Manual Removal Method – Tedious and Risky
Manual removal method is based on using your own skills to get rid of rogue security software. If you are not computer expert, this removal method is not for you. Because at best, you’ll not be able to remove System Care Antivirus and at worst, you could end up damaging your computer even further.
Automatic Removal method is far superior than manual removal method because It can detect infected files automatically using the removal tool. In manual removal method, you need to find infected files yourself and If you make a mistake and delete wrong files, your computer can be in more trouble later. Follow these removal steps at your own risk :
1. First of all, you will need to stop System Care Antivirus from running and there is no way to close it. To do that, you need to download Process Explorer and save it as “explorer.exe”. on your computer. Once you’ve Process Explorer on your computer, run it and End task System Care Antivirus.
2. Now search for malicious files in these folders and delete them carefully :
%CommonAppData%\<random numbers and chars>\
%CommonAppData%\<random numbers and chars>\<random numbers and chars>
%CommonAppData%\<random numbers and chars>\<random numbers and chars>.exe
%CommonAppData%\<random numbers and chars>\<random numbers and chars>.ico
3. After deleting malicious files, you need to edit the registry and remove malicious registry entries. To run registry editor, click on “Start—>Run” type, “regedit” and click OK button.
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce “<random numbers and chars>”
After correcting the registry reboot your computer and check If everything is alright. Please note that rogue products tend to create several copies of their product on your computer. Just make sure to delete all traces of virus in your computer so that It can’t return back.
How Automatic Removal Method is better than Manual Removal Method :
1. Automatic Removal method takes very less time while Manual Removal method can be tedious and time consuming.
2. By using Automatic Removal method, you can discover lots of other threats while in Manual Removal method, your sole purpose will be removing System Care Antivirus and other malicious threats can still stay in your computer.
3. Automatic Removal method scans everything and deletes all copies of malware. While in manual removal method, you need to find infected files yourself and it can be a tough task when there are thousands of files on your computer.
4. Automatic Removal method involves using a genuine anti-malware application and If you continue using that application, your computer will always stay in shape. However If you get rid of System Care Antivirus anyhow using manual removal steps, you’ll never known when other malicious threats will get inside your computer. Recently some screen locking threats are also hovering on Internet and you certainly don’t want to be in a situation when reformatting your computer is your only way to get rid of malware.
I suggest that you tighten your computer’s security so that threats are blocked before they try to make their way into your computer. If you’ve any questions, please feel free to post them here.